NMA: Project 3

   


    "Environments are invisible. Their groundrules, pervasive structures. and overall patterns elude easy perceptions" (McLuhan, p. 84-84).

    This quote from McLuhan made me think about when I used to go on daily walks freshman year. I would take the same route every day and sometimes walk it multiple times a day. Since then, I barely go on walks due to classes, assignments, work, and other responsibilities. And because being a college student you don't really have time to explore the area you are in because of how busy you are and the lack of transportation Reading the quote made me want to visit that path again since it's been two years since the last time I walked it. I made sure to take pictures of new things I saw, old things that I adored, and anything that caught my eye.

    Another reason why I wanted to take pictures of my environment is because I sometimes forget where I am. Being from Minnesota, I find a lot of similarities between Wisconsin and back home that I often forget I am in a new place that I really know nothing about. So this reading and project made me want to find more time to explore the environment that I am living in for one of the main chapters in my life.


    All of the photos can be found on my art Instagram linked here:

    https://www.instagram.com/shelby.makes.art/   


Comments

Popular Posts